President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has sought the confirmation of the chairman and governing board of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) at the House of Representatives.
In a letter read by the Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu, on the plenary floor on Tuesday, October 10, Tinubu said his request was in line with Section 2(2) of the NDDC (Establishment etc.) Act.
The president has listed the following 17 nominees for confirmation:
1. Mr. Chiedu Ebie (Chairman) Delta State
2. Dr. Samuel Ogbuku (Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer) Bayelsa
3. Mr. Boma Iyaye, ED (Finance and Admin) Rivers
4. Mr. Victor Antai, ED (Projects) Akwa-Ibom
5. Hon. Otito Atikase, ED (Corporate Services) Ondo
6. Sen. Dimaro Denyanbofa, State Representative Bayelsa
7. Mr. Abasi Ndikan Nkono, State Representative Akwa-Ibom
8. Rt.Hon. Monday Igbuya, State Representative Delta
9. Chief Tony Okocha, State Representative Rivers
10. Hon Patrick Aisowieren, State Representative Edo
11. Mr. Kyrian C Uchegbu, State Representative Imo
12. Victor Kolade Akinjo, State Representative Ondo
13. Chief Dimgba Eruba, State Representative Abia
14. Rt. Hon. Orok Otu Duke, State Representative Cross River
15. Hon Nick Wende, Zonal Representative North Central
16. Hon Namdas Abdulrazak, Zonal Representative North East
17. Sen. Dr.Ibrahim Abdullahi Gobir, Zonal Representative North West.